5 Ways to Create Extra Space in Your Home
Is your home feeling cramped for space? If so, there are many inexpensive ways to free up more space. Here are some ideas that may help:
- Convert the traditional into non-traditional space. We’re all familiar with converting a spare bedroom into a home office or kids’ playroom however you can also create space by finding other uses for pantries, walk-in closets unused garage spaces etc…
- Explore creative & smart storage solutions. There are many products on the market today that can revolutionize how you store things. Many new style closet organizers available today can at times double your current storage capacity. There are also many unique DIY storage solutions out there with many ways to re-purpose everyday items. You can also check out many of the options at your local home improvement store.
- Get rid of unneeded & unused furnishings. Is there a chair no one ever uses? Is there a side table that takes up a lot of space, with nothing but a few knick-knacks on it? Consider selling or donating these items to free up some space. Not only will it create more room in your home but it will make you feel good about donating to someone who could use it or have a few more dollars in your pocket from a quick sale.
- Think high. Install storage shelves, hangers or baskets high up in the kitchen and laundry room. Use that storage for items you only use once in a while.
- Consider a storage unit rental. If you have furniture and other items that you cant bear to part with and don’t want to get rid of, consider renting a storage unit to keep them safe and secure but out of your home. There are many size and style options when it comes to self storage with one that would surely meet your needs.
With a little creative thinking you would be amazed by how much space you can free up within your existing home.
If you’re looking for more great ideas or even some advice on how to create more space in your home, just let me know.